Group Research Project
My partners and I established contact through Microsoft teams where we have established a baseline schedule. Our plan is to research on our own, meet every Thursday to go over our findings, and to ask questions or relay information as needed throughout the week.
My focus going into this project was on China and how Museums and art spaces are responding to the recent changes; particularly the national security law in Hong Kong. I have found many articles on The Art Newspaper and Amnesty International. In addition to reading articles, The Art Newspaper shared a podcast episode from The Week in Art titled, Hong Kong: has the new law “destroyed” the art scene? Amnesty International was exceptionally helpful in getting a baseline understanding of the new law, what it means, and how it’s being applied holistically.
We have decided to break our project into three pieces: the Middle East’s art scene, China’s art scene, and how the world views/interacts with them; I will be covering the last section.
Comments
Post a Comment